Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data base to data base connection

saiHareesh
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,
Good Morning!

I have was practicing with Alteryx and glued at a place,i would like to share it with you and get suggestions.

I am using in db connection Oracle performing 2 joins and want to write this in another db(different data base) is not happening. Using stream in and out tools and exporting on to another DB is taking a lot of time.

Regards,

Hareesh
Please find the screenshots below.
HareeshTried this one but, not working.Tried this one but, not working.2nd attempt2nd attemptAchievable, but not satisfiedAchievable, but not satisfied

3 REPLIES 3
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @saiHareesh,

Thanks for your question! When writing from one database to a different database, the easiest thing would be to stream the data out of db1 and then use the regular 'output data' tool to output to db2. Since you are only writing out to db2, you won't see any performance gains using the in-db tools for output only. The data is essentially doing the same thing - its is being streamed over the network and written to the db (whether this is happening with Write in-db or Output data tool). 

If you do want to output to db2 using in-db, the process should go as follows:

1. Process in db1

2. Data Stream Out of db1

3. Data Stream into db2 temp table (or write directly to table here)

4. Write Output into db2

indb.png

Since you aren't currently able to write out in-db, I would double check your in-db connection. When setting up a connecting in-db, the read and write for the database are configured on two separate tabs. 

Please let me know if this is helpful. If it did not solve your issue, I'd like to help further so please let me know what you experience. 

Have a great day!

Amelia

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

@saiHareesh,

Here is a screenshot of the 'Write' config portion of the In-DB connection for your information:

indb_write_connection.png

Please try re-creating your in-db connection while making sure the 'Write' portion is configured appropriately. 

saiHareesh
8 - Asteroid

@AmeliaG Worked like a charm.

Labels