Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Validation

vijaylnyadav
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

In a scenario, I want to compare a data from a two specific column correlated in one excel file with two columns in another excel files.

I have done a join multiple and got the output as a two columns from first excel files and two columns from another excel file in a single file. Now I want to compare. Please suggest a tool and solution for the same.

10 REPLIES 10
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If your columns are now lined up in a single table (by virtue of the Join Multiple tool). You can now use the Filter Tool or Formula Tool to compare them. Something like,

if [col1] = [col2] then 'Match' else 'Not Match' endif

in a formula tool.

Or simply,

[Col1] = [Col2] 

in a filter tool. It depends what you want to do!

vijaylnyadav
8 - Asteroid
Column1Column2Column 3Column 4
XYZ1XYZ123401
ABC2ABC432204
MNO3MNO234106

Consider a sample data,

Here, i want to compare column3 & column4 with Column1 & column2

For Eg,

number in column 2 should match with number with column 4 condition is that string in column1 should match with first 3 letter in Column3.

If ABC = 2 then ABC4322 should be equal to 2 (not 4) considering the relation with ABC = 2.

Please suggest some solutions

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @vijaylnyadav ,

I agree with the solution provided by @PhilipMannering previous post. What you have to do is use a filter tool, to compare Column2 with Column4. It would look something like this:

Screenshot 2020-11-26 133249.jpg

You will probably also have to use a select tool to change the data type of column 4 from string to a numeric type (byte, int or double) prior to your filter tool

vijaylnyadav
8 - Asteroid

Please refer the given sample data sets and provide me a solution

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @vijaylnyadav 

Here is a workflow for the task.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1606397888487.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1606397918477.png

Hope this helps 🙂 Feel to ask if you have any questions

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

As you command. See attached.

vijaylnyadav
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your solution,

This is what I was looking for.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @vijaylnyadav 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Feel free to reach out if you face any issues 🙂

vijaylnyadav
8 - Asteroid
Column1Column2Column 3Column 4
XYZ1XYZ123401
ABC2MNO234104
MNO3ABC234106

Consider a sample data,

Here, i want to compare a specific data not the whole column.

For Eg,

If ABC = 2 then ABC4322 should be equal to 2 (not 6) considering the relation with ABC = 2 and if MNO = 3 then MNO2341 should be equal to 3 (not 4) without sorting the columns

Please suggest some solutions

Labels