community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

Gather all 9 clues to complete the final Weekly Challenge on Dec 16!

Learn More

Data Validation

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi guys,

As you know in Excel, there is a function called 'Data Validation'.  It allowed us to set up a list, so the other people can select the value through the list, it will avoid the type mistake. So i would like to know if Alteryx has similar functions and how to do that? Thank you.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Alteryx interface tools such as the Drop Down tool allow you to provide a curated list of values from which a user can select that will be inserted as a value into a workflow.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

I have attached an example workflow which demonstrates @michael_treadwell good explanation :) You will have to run the app to receive the results. 

Workflow built in 10.1 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client Services Support Engineer 

Asteroid

Thank you for the reply. I think I am not describe my situation clear enough.

I am not trying to set a selecting option during the Alteryx workflow running. The data validation field is not input. 

The workflow is used to generate a excel for end user. In the output excel, I hope it can contatin the data validation field, like state. So the end user can use the Excel with the data validation field, such as states.

Asteroid

Thank you for the reply. I think I am not describe my situation clear enough.

I am not trying to set a selecting option during the Alteryx workflow running. The data validation field is not input. 

The workflow is used to generate a excel for end user. In the output excel, I hope it can contatin the data validation field, like state. So the end user can use the Excel with the data validation field, such as states.

Thank you.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Unfortunately Alteryx cannot implement this feature into Excel as it has no way of telling Excel to add this setting. 

Implementing the list box feature within Alteryx could bypass this step in Excel, allowing the user to have an excel output for each 'state' they want. Re-running the App again will enable them to change their selection.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client Services Support Engineer 

Labels