Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Stream Out - No colums returned - Temp tables

JeremyGonzva
8 - Asteroid

Hey All,

I have an issue with the Data Stream Out.

I generate reports based on a number of variables.

All the variables I need come from Data-Base A. With a bit of data-prep on those, I build a SQL Query. 

This query is then fed into a Dynamic Input InDB, connecting to Data-Base B, that I immediatelly take out with a Data Stream Out to continue the rest of the preparation. With this method, I can exactly know what query is being input.

This first part looks like this.

JeremyGonzva_0-1585131507581.png

However when running it, Data Stream out produces an error that tells me 'No columns returned'.

To ensure my query is OK, I copied it and pasted it in a new tab, into a regular input data tool, connected to the same DB. And It worked, I have all the columns I need! This was very surprising to me.

JeremyGonzva_1-1585131626237.png

I compared both queries and cannot spot any differences.

Any ideas on how to solve it?

It is a query creating some temp tables with a "WIth". Those are placed at the beginning of the query before the Select statement

The DB is IBM DB2 and is connected via ODBC. 

I can share screenshots if needed

4 REPLIES 4
JeremyGonzva
8 - Asteroid

The query starts with a With statement creating the first temp table.

However, I've noticed that the error message starts with a "SELECT * FROM" before inserting the rest of query as written before.

How to prevent that from happening?

Julien_B
8 - Asteroid

Could you please show to us what does your query look like ?

AMansour
11 - Bolide

Hi dude 

Can you please teste the Dynamic Input as @BenMoss said in our privet connection where you can configure as bellow:

1. In Input Data Source input 

Capture d’écran 2020-03-26 à 12.35.22.png

2. Modify SQL Query

Capture d’écran 2020-03-26 à 12.42.54.png

3. Replace the template query by your field Query 

Capture d’écran 2020-03-26 à 12.46.56.png

Give it a try 😉

Amr

JeremyGonzva
8 - Asteroid

Wahoo, it seems to work! I don't know why but I've never thought of replacing the entire template query by the generated one.

Thank you

Labels