Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Stream In "Create Temporary Table" option not working with Snowflake

acowpy
8 - Asteroid

When I try to use the Data Stream In tool with the 'Create Temporary Table' option I get the Error:

Error: Data Stream In (6): No table chosen; Please select a Table from data source.

Is there a way to use "Create Temporary Table' with Snowflake or do you always need to use named tables?

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @acowpy 

Thanks for posting to the Community!

Can you please explain what it is you are trying to accomplish? There is likely a way with Alteryx, but there is not enough information to troubleshoot.

Please include any additional supporting documentation you can, including a copy of your workflow if necessary!

As for your questions regarding the Data Stream In tool, I found the below for you.

The Data Stream In tool does require being connected to an existing dataset. From the help doc it states the following:

"Use the Data Stream In tool to bring data from Designer into the In-DB workflow.

In-Database enables blending and analysis against large sets of data without moving the data out of a database and can provide significant performance improvements over traditional analysis methods."

And:

Create Temporary Table: Writes to a temporary table that is available until the end of the session. This option is useful for building In-DB predictive macros because it holds the metadata in place temporarily. If this option is selected, the Table Name field is disabled and displays “[a unique temporary table name is generated on each run]".

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
acowpy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TrevorS sorry for the slow reply. Turns out the issue was with Snowflake roles and/or default namespace.

In the ODBC config you need to make sure you set the default namespace and use a role/account that is granted 'CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE' on the namespace/schema

Labels