Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Stream In - Temp table SQL Server

Kieran
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to upload records into a temp table on a SQL Server. The connection for the temp table has been used previously in the workflow but I don't seem be able to "re-use" the same connection. If I create a new connection for the Data Stream In, it works fine. But when using the same connection that was used previously in the same workflow, I get this error:
TempTableError.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great stuff Kieran - can you pop the alteryx flow onto this thread, along with a simple table-def and I can then replicate this on my home SQL to see if we can isolate the issue that you're facing?

Kieran
7 - Meteor

I think I might have figured out whats going on here when doing up a mock dataset/workflow for you. When I started testing it, surprisingly it worked. I ran a few more tests to figure out why it worked, and realised that the error is happened because the workflow isnt getting enough time to pull down all the records from the first connection, before trying to upload them to the second connection.

When I re-run the workflow and limit the sample to just a few records, it runs just fine! Dissappointing behaviour. But at least I know to account for it now.

TempTableError.jpg

Thanks for your help Sean...

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
:) I'm very glad that you've been able to work through this and find the cause - that's fantastic.

Are you still stuck (in terms of this blocking you) - if so, happy to iterate with you to see if there's a different way to tackle, or would it make sense to mark this thread as closed / solved, and then we log a defect in the "Ideas" section with a script to replicate this.

Nice work in getting to the bottom of this Kieran!

Have a good week
Sean
Kieran
7 - Meteor

I'm happy to discuss in person with our rep from Alteryx - Shaan. He does a workshop with us every few weeks so I can bring it up there... thanks Sean

Labels