Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Split into different column

sekarsdream
8 - Asteroid

I have  n numbers of rows in A column and i just want to select 100 line from the row and paste in the next column and so on till the data in Column A get end, can anyone help me on this? 

8 REPLIES 8
pcatterson
11 - Bolide

Do you mean like this?

alex
11 - Bolide

You want output to look like the following assuming you have 1,001 items?  I didn't show rows 11-99.  If so then I have a workflow that I can document and send over.  I have to switch gears to another project then I'll wrap it it nicely.  I've attached the package as well in case you need it now.row.JPG

row order.JPG

alex
11 - Bolide

Here is a revised workflow with better documentation.  Let me know if you have any questions.

row order.JPG

sekarsdream
8 - Asteroid

Thanks but the thing is i  want to splt the row based on columns but based on rows like you said spiltting the rows in 700 coulmns but i want them to spilt with 700 rows in each column .

AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Can you show us an example input and output?

I don't think the attached is quite what you are asking for, but I feel like the make columns tool might be useful to the solution.

MakeColumns.png

Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
sekarsdream
8 - Asteroid

Okay so for example i have a single column and which has n rows and i want the data to be divided into multiple columns with 700 rows each .hope this helps..In the file i have given input and output so that it can help.

AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I think @alex's solution is what you need then.

Attached it with your data plugged in.

Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
sekarsdream
8 - Asteroid

yeah :)

Labels