Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Sources -> Sharepoint 365

MSLaiShahirah
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I need to connect to SharePoint 365 as my data source. I want to import file from Sharepoint directly. I need to know more about the details that I need to fill in. I fill in my email address and Password(I have access to the SharePoint but not admin) but it says invalid connection. I have verified that the email and password is correct. Please help to confirm whether the email is the email of admin or anyone with access?

MSLaiShahirah_0-1605629103471.png

5 REPLIES 5
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Can you provide information on how you're trying to connect? Are you using a connector that someone has built out? If so, can you provide a link?

Is it the Sharepoint List connector? Documentation can be found here:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/sharepoint-list-input-tool 

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi @MSLaiShahirah --

While I will always defer to the Alteryx employee, I do believe even if you log in, the connectors cannot at this point pull files...they can only retrieve lists. If someone else would like to confirm, please do, but I am almost positive that this is the case - especially on O365.

What I was able to do on an internal SharePoint site was map the site like a drive and get my required files. I am unsure if you can do that on O365, but that might be a question worth asking.

Thanks,

Seth

rhamadi
5 - Atom

I have the same problem.  Try to not use any special characters in your share point password.  usually that is the case.  In my case the my company has blocked my access to upload file using share point. 

MSLaiShahirah
7 - Meteor

I use 

Input file > Data sources > Microsoft SharePoint

MSLaiShahirah_0-1605661070475.png

Currently I have successfully connected to One Drive but I want to connect directly to sharepoint.

sn2200
7 - Meteor

You need to connect by creating a Client ID which requires approval from the site owner also. 

Labels