community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Data Source = Generic ODBC, not provided as an option

Asteroid

Hi,

When I pull up the "Manage in-DB Connections" dialog box to select a "Data Source", the option of "Generic ODBC" is not available. How can I make that an available option? 

Thank you,

Chris

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Chris,

What version of Alteryx are you using?

I believe it was introduced from 2018.2 on wards.

Thanks

Joe

Asteroid

We all use version 2018.2 at this time. Our server is still on 2018.2 as well. But I'm discussing Alteryx Designer on the laptops.

I have "Generic ODBC" as an option for creating a Data Source. My other colleague has the "Generic ODBC" option as well and she's all set up and good. 

It's the third associate, who has the exact same version of Designer as we all, who does not have this option, the "Generic ODBC" option. 

She does have the ODBC drivers installed on her windows machine, Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1709, 64-bit << all of us have this configuration. 

So the issue is getting that option to display, the "Generic ODBC" option for Data Source. 

Thank you, 

Chris

Alteryx
Alteryx

That is odd. 

So it's only 1 out of 3 that doesn't have it?

I don't believe it to be an option within Designer (at least not one I know of). It may be something specific to her environment.

When you say exact, do you mean right down to the minor release? Also are you all on Admin or all on non Admin versions? It's not a case that you and your colleagues that do work are admin and the last colleague is using the User install?

It could be worth raising a support ticket (support@alteryx.com) to investigate a little further around her specifics.

Asteroid

Joe,

Thanks. I believe we'll have her to re-install version 2018.2. I'm uncertain about 'minor releases'. I have the install file that we all used for 2018.2 and will have her do that at her first convenience. 

Thank you for your support and great information.

Chris

Alteryx
Alteryx

Great, hopefully it will be down to the minor release, as I think it was something that was added in 2018.2 so could be that she is on a slightly earlier version before it was added.

Labels