Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Scrapping from web site

Khanzali007
8 - Asteroid

Dear Team,

I Need your support in my workflow, to extract the information from the webpage as Name, Type etc. I have attached the screen shot of the web page & the relevant information is highlighted in yellow.

Thanks in Advance.

7 REPLIES 7
markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @Khanzali007 

See the attached workflow, I hope that gives you what you're looking for..

Khanzali007
8 - Asteroid

Hi @markcurry 

Thanks for the reply, your Solution works perfectly. I need bit more help from you from the same context. 

I need to extract more information from the same website, such as filling history. for Ref i have attached Screen short.

Filling History can be seen by link - https://irisgst.com/gstin-filing-detail/?gstinno=27AADCD0086F1ZW

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Khanzali007 ,

I've attached a workflow and a macro I built to scrape HTML tables (save this to your macros folder before you open the workflow).

mceleavey_0-1622198390980.png

mceleavey_1-1622198405912.png

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Neat macro @mceleavey 🙂

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks, @atcodedog05 

I was doing a lot of web scraping and so building this to scrape the tables into a .csv format saved a LOT of time.

M.

Bulien

pujaguptars
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @mceleavey , 

I want to download addresses of the office locations from here - https://www.adanirealty.com/contact-us

But when I use this url in download tool then it gives me an error. Could you please help? 

Much thanks!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @pujaguptars ,

The tool won't work in this case because the required information is not in an HTML table, but rather just placed in DIV tags in the HTML. This means it's a manual scraping operation.

I've built this out for you using a bit of Regex magic:

mceleavey_0-1631780047284.png

mceleavey_1-1631780087404.png

I've attached the workflow.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Labels