Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Scrapping from web site

Khanzali007
8 - Asteroid

Dear Team,

I Need your support in my workflow, to extract the information from the webpage as Name, Type etc. I have attached the screen shot of the web page & the relevant information is highlighted in yellow.

Thanks in Advance.

7 REPLIES 7
markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @Khanzali007 

See the attached workflow, I hope that gives you what you're looking for..

Khanzali007
8 - Asteroid

Hi @markcurry 

Thanks for the reply, your Solution works perfectly. I need bit more help from you from the same context. 

I need to extract more information from the same website, such as filling history. for Ref i have attached Screen short.

Filling History can be seen by link - https://irisgst.com/gstin-filing-detail/?gstinno=27AADCD0086F1ZW

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Khanzali007 ,

I've attached a workflow and a macro I built to scrape HTML tables (save this to your macros folder before you open the workflow).

mceleavey_0-1622198390980.png

mceleavey_1-1622198405912.png

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Neat macro @mceleavey 🙂

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks, @atcodedog05 

I was doing a lot of web scraping and so building this to scrape the tables into a .csv format saved a LOT of time.

M.

Bulien

pujaguptars
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @mceleavey , 

I want to download addresses of the office locations from here - https://www.adanirealty.com/contact-us

But when I use this url in download tool then it gives me an error. Could you please help? 

Much thanks!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @pujaguptars ,

The tool won't work in this case because the required information is not in an HTML table, but rather just placed in DIV tags in the HTML. This means it's a manual scraping operation.

I've built this out for you using a bit of Regex magic:

mceleavey_0-1631780047284.png

mceleavey_1-1631780087404.png

I've attached the workflow.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Labels