Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Preparation Date and by Date Range

enocperez
6 - Meteoroid

I have Data coming from Excel for Pay Roll.  

alteryx 2.jpg

How I need to take the data to the next step.  Week 1 Reg. Hour  and Over Time. Week 2  Reg. Hours worked and Over time.  But don't know how to do it.  I have been at it for some time know.

alteryx 1.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @enocperez

I am not entirely sure how to arrive at the fields you have below with your sample data. Is it possible to send some sample data, as well as how to calculate Reg. HR & OT Hr. As well as what quantifies at week 1, week 2 etc.

I have attached a workflow which may demonstrate what you need, but additional information would be appreciated.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

enocperez
6 - Meteoroid

Here is the HR Customer Sample Data and below is the flow that I have so far.  

Flow of data.jpg

enocperez
6 - Meteoroid

Here is the HR Customer Sample Data and below is the flow that I have so far.  

Flow of data.jpg

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

From this data how are you looking to aggregate for the different weeks? Based on the date field?

Best,

Jordan

enocperez
6 - Meteoroid

I don't know how to.  I was thing using another excel sheet to do that but don't know how to get it to work.  

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @enocperez

Attached is a workflow which uses the week number formula within Alteryx.

Formula: tonumber(DateTimeFormat([Date],'%U'))

Pic1.png

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

enocperez
6 - Meteoroid

I get these to error when trying to open Week Number Calc.yxmd .  Sorry new to Alteryx.  

error 1.jpg

error 2.jpg

enocperez
6 - Meteoroid

Hi JordanB, 

How do I change the Beginning of the week to be Monday and not Sunday?

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @enocperez

It seems we don't have the same version of Alteryx. What version are you on? You can find this by going to help>>About in the Designer

I can amend the workflow so you cana open it. I have added a multi-row formula to adjust the weeknumber from sunday to monday. 

IF [WeekDay]='Sunday' THEN [Row-1:Week Number] ELSE [Week Number] ENDIF

Best,

Jordan Barker

Labels