Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Pattern

KaushikSolanke
6 - Meteoroid

Hello All,

Request urgent Help,

I have levels of managers in the data set column A to G where the highest level is the person appearing in the last column, note : last column might be anywhere between A to G, means to say that there are so many levels for that row..

I need to make the data look like column K to Q . Here we are trying to reverse the level to make sure we have the last poplulated column in A to G appears first in the column K and the next to the last in A to G appears next to the first name in column K to Q.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @KaushikSolanke ,

basically, it's transposing (columns to rows), reordering (from ascending order to descending order) and transposing rows back to columns. I attached a sample workflow, hope, this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @KaushikSolanke,

This should do it:

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

KaushikSolanke
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you very much, this certainly is the solution, but I have other columns associated with these layers, for example, I have the Associate ID , name, position , etc etc as fields before the columns shared, when I try to add those columns, the output isnt coming out right

Thank you very much!

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @KaushikSolanke ,

You just need then to group by those columns on the transpose and on the cross tab tools.

Would be better if you shared an example file for us to do it.

Regards

Labels