Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Output in Alteryx

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Currently i would like to combine both data into one file as shown as below:

Can we merge the data and leave some spacing in between both data under one file as shown as screenshot below?

Jacob_94_0-1614781187851.png

6 REPLIES 6
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @SH_94 ,

Use the uniontool in Alteryx.

Attached is something you can build on.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

When you want to add some formatting to your output (like the space and titles shown here), the Reporting tools can make this happen! In the attached example I'll show how to take the two tables of data and build layout fields with those tables, titles, and render that to Excel with spacing between them.. 

20210303-RenderTables1.JPG

20210303-RenderTables2.JPG

Check out the attached workflow and let me know if you have any questions. 

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @CharlieS ,

Thanks a lot for your help. It really help a lot and i able to render the table in excel. However, i have two queries which i would like to further clarify with you.

1. May i know in what circumstances or scenario that we must tick or not tick the Dynamic or unknown fields as per screenshot below?

Jacob_94_0-1615476802932.png

2. Secondly, i would like to ask your opinion what are the suitable paper size when we plan to render the results in excel. Any recommendations apart from the paper size chosen below?

Jacob_94_1-1615476976983.png

Many thanks in advance

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Happy to help!

1. Selecling/Deselecting that box has to do with future runs of the workflow. If that box is selected, then if a new field appears in the data coming into the tools, it will be included in the Table. If you deselect that box, then no fields besides the ones already set will appear in that table. 

I like to deselect it when working in the reporting tools because I typically have a set idea of the fields that I want included. So if I make changes upstream in the workflow, it doesn't affect my layouts. 

2.Ah yes, this is an odd subject in Rendering. Since the Excel spreadsheet is always continuous, the "paper size" settings actually control the layout size. However, only the width matters since the layout will always expand vertically. 

Feel free to make the paper width as large or small as you need (tip: use the "Paper Size" = "Custom Size" so you can enter the values you want). If you have a lot of fields to output, crank the width up to 30+ inches so they display correctly. 

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @CharlieS ,

Thanks again for your time to explain it to me. It really a very detail and clear explanations.

Can i have a last question on the table setup?

I actually plan to make the width of table wider so that it appear the result as below. Basically i want the width of each column fit with the header instead of making them longer with the increase of row height

Original render table

Jacob_94_0-1615484519190.png

Wanted result table

Jacob_94_1-1615484610193.png

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

To achieve those column widths, you'll need to

1. Increase the Render paper size

2. Set fixed width values in the Table tool. Normally we just leave these as "automatic" and it does just fine, but when you have more/larger fields or are after a specific layout, you'll have to dig in a set each width.

Labels