Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Input - Only first record is being read

CoreyJ
5 - Atom

I have a data input tool that is reading from a .csv file in my workflow. Out of a few hundred rows of data, only the headers and first row of data is being brought into the workflow with the data input tool. I double checked the properties of the data input tool, and the settings are what they should be. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @CoreyJ,

Could you post an image of your properties, or even share the workflow? Do you have lots of columns which could be causing the results to be over the 1MB limit display in the results pane by default? This would be removed if you used a browse tool.

Lots of ideas there to try! But a workflow would help narrow it down.

Regards,

Jonathan

CoreyJ
5 - Atom

Hey Jonathan,

Unfortunately, I'm unable to upload the workflow or even post an image of it, due to the client data it is built for. There are 109 columns within the .csv file, and I do currently have a browse tool connected to the data input tool. I am actually unable to see any of the data when using the browse tool, I need to click on the green output arrow of the data input tool to see the one record that is being read.

Apologies for being unable to share images, I understand that makes troubleshooting more difficult.

MassPat
6 - Meteoroid

Were you ever able to get this resolved? I'm running into a similar issue, and can't quite figure out what's going on. Especially since it works with other Excel files of similar structure.

rnavane5
5 - Atom

Hi,

Did you get any solution for this. i also face same problem in .xlsx file. it reads only one line and header. But when I simply copy this input tool to a blank workflow and run it, it reads all data..

Labels