Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Governance in Alteryx Work Flow

pandiarajan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Friends,

One of my current Alteryx project we would like to define data governance model . Actually all of my teammates are new about Alteryx , so we need some guidance . Basically our Data is coming from FTP sharing folder as a xls or XML format  files, hence we need to set the mechanism like  "Is there any file are missing from FTP folder to Alteryx?" then we would like to send alert email to Stock holders as the file is missing . 

Thanks & Regards,

Pandiarajan.R

3 REPLIES 3
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @pandiarajan

What I'd do as first step for this, is to create a workflow that reads that directory, using a DIRECTORY TOOL.

Based on it's results, I'd compare to a dictionary, that'll contain every file that should be on that directory.

Perform a JOIN between both, and from the Unjoined output of the corresponding Input (I mean, if you connected Directory tool to the L Input, use the L Output), you'll see all missing files. Finally, add an email tool with the desired configuration.

Is a very common use case, and very simple to solve it with Alteryx.

You can schedule this workflow to run at your desired occurrences to fully automate the process.

Check the Crew macro pack (mostly the Runner macros), to be able to chain a second workflow (the one that processes the files in the directory, if all are in there)

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Best,

_AG_

pandiarajan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Its really helpful for my project . thanks lot 

Wasim
7 - Meteor

Probably slightly unrelated, but it's always critical to ensure no duplications are formed when joining data within a module - lots of summarises across the workflow typically help this....

Labels