Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Formatting - Weird columns

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

I need help. I have a dataset which has no column names . Please find attached the input and the desired output.

Please let me know your thoughts,

Thanks,

Sr

sriniprad08_0-1639666524038.png

25 REPLIES 25
sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thank you :). i think i will come back with the clear request. Sorry 

Cheers,

Sri

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

I think I have fair idea what I need. The values in the map file should look for similar values in all the columns of the data file.  If it finds more than 1 then it should be counted as 1 for that particular row.

thanks 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output It will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

We will be happy to help : )

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thank you for offering to help. Please find attached the file with input and expected output inside it. 

1) Create a new column (Site_new) - The value in the map file has to search through the input data file by each ROW and create a new column. if the value appears more than once in a row then it should be treated once.

2) Take count of the new column - In the second step it has to take the count of the new column (Site_new) by Site code and Site.

Thanks for the help 🙂

Cheers,

Sri

sriniprad08_0-1642210117620.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1642227771906.png

Hope this helps : )

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thank you for the help 🙂 .Couple of clarifications from my end,

1) The header in this below marked in black is also a record and not the actual header. We need to create a header for all the columns.how can we go about that please? 

sriniprad08_0-1642230325365.png

2. This part below seems to be hardcoded. Is there way it can combine all the text. Not sure . please let me know your thoughts, 

In real data do we need to combine all the headers?

sriniprad08_1-1642230376788.png

Thank you for the help again. Please let me know if i am missing anything.

Cheers,

Sr

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

Here is the updated workflow.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1642230774955.png

Hope this helps : )

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Thank you so much for the help :). I will let you know incase of any further help.

Have a nice day,

Cheers,

Sri

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @sriniprad08 

Cheers and have a nice day!

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Hope you are well. I need help. In the flow you provided , i would like to create a column based on the "Site_new". if there are multiple values in the row then a new column should be created "indicator". 

Formula will be - if count of (Site_new) is > 1 then 1 or 0.

In the below case we can see marked in "Red" has two values . So the output should be 1 in the "new column" created.

Please let me know how to go about this,

sriniprad08_1-1643192380987.png

Thanks

Sri

Labels