Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Formatting - Weird columns

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

I need help. I have a dataset which has no column names . Please find attached the input and the desired output.

Please let me know your thoughts,

Thanks,

Sr

sriniprad08_0-1639666524038.png

25 REPLIES 25
sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thank you :). i think i will come back with the clear request. Sorry 

Cheers,

Sri

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

I think I have fair idea what I need. The values in the map file should look for similar values in all the columns of the data file.  If it finds more than 1 then it should be counted as 1 for that particular row.

thanks 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output It will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

We will be happy to help : )

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thank you for offering to help. Please find attached the file with input and expected output inside it. 

1) Create a new column (Site_new) - The value in the map file has to search through the input data file by each ROW and create a new column. if the value appears more than once in a row then it should be treated once.

2) Take count of the new column - In the second step it has to take the count of the new column (Site_new) by Site code and Site.

Thanks for the help 🙂

Cheers,

Sri

sriniprad08_0-1642210117620.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1642227771906.png

Hope this helps : )

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thank you for the help 🙂 .Couple of clarifications from my end,

1) The header in this below marked in black is also a record and not the actual header. We need to create a header for all the columns.how can we go about that please? 

sriniprad08_0-1642230325365.png

2. This part below seems to be hardcoded. Is there way it can combine all the text. Not sure . please let me know your thoughts, 

In real data do we need to combine all the headers?

sriniprad08_1-1642230376788.png

Thank you for the help again. Please let me know if i am missing anything.

Cheers,

Sr

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sriniprad08 

Here is the updated workflow.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1642230774955.png

Hope this helps : )

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Thank you so much for the help :). I will let you know incase of any further help.

Have a nice day,

Cheers,

Sri

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @sriniprad08 

Cheers and have a nice day!

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Hope you are well. I need help. In the flow you provided , i would like to create a column based on the "Site_new". if there are multiple values in the row then a new column should be created "indicator". 

Formula will be - if count of (Site_new) is > 1 then 1 or 0.

In the below case we can see marked in "Red" has two values . So the output should be 1 in the "new column" created.

Please let me know how to go about this,

sriniprad08_1-1643192380987.png

Thanks

Sri

Labels