ALTERYX INSPIRE | Join us this May for for a multi-day virtual analytics + data science experience like no other! Register Now
The Alteryx Community will be temporarily unavailable for a time due to scheduled maintenance on Thursday, April 22nd. Please plan accordingly.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
SOLVED

Data Filter to Output not working

bg00
6 - Meteoroid

I am having some trouble with the filtering in my workflow. My goal is to filter the data from an input as below:

bg00_1-1614004614240.png

 

Essentially, the incoming data from the first source is fist filtered into those that were reviewed and those that were not reviewed (null). If they were not reviewed and they are NOT inactive (also null), then these users would be exported to a Unreviewed users doc.

 

On the other hand, those that were reviewed are filtered to those that have any modifications (aka anything other than null or some version of "ok"). These users are exported to a User modifications file.

 

Additionally, the filtered users that have modifications are then checked against an updated access file with a join, which should not include the specific name+group combo that was requested to be removed. If they are still in the updated listing, those users are exported to a User exceptions file.

 

I made dummy data that would fall into each of these scenarios and found that none of the filters are working in the way I intended. This is my first workflow, so easy to understand responses are appreciated. Thanks!

 

mot
10 - Fireball

Hi @bg00,

 

Could you attach the sample data or use text input tool to add it to the workflow so we can take a look at the process? Thank you! 

bg00
6 - Meteoroid

Yes sorry! Here's the sample data files

mot
10 - Fireball

Hi @bg00 ,

 

Thanks for the files. I have made a few edits to the second filter and used the formula contains([Business Feedback],"Ok"). It looks like it is working fine now. For the 3rd filter, you didn't have any possible matches so I added a text input to test it and it looks like it is working fine. Please let me know if this helps.

 

Best.

bg00
6 - Meteoroid

So it works great on the dummy data, but I just realized when I make the same filter changes to my actual file that the filters are not applying. Instead all users that do have "ok" and null in the feedback column are being returned. I'm not sure what could be causing this. I cannot share the entire data file, but this is what that section appears as in Alteryx as the data source and then the User Modifications output:

bg00_0-1614013277538.png

bg00_1-1614013414260.png

 

 

Labels