Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Extraction

jakaur32
8 - Asteroid

So, I have attached a sample file from which I have to extract the usages that are highlighted in yellow.. all the level zeros which are preceded by 1 or whatever number. in excel I used to insert an extra column between my data. and I would use the following formula: =ifa2>a3, true, false. and then I would just filter in on all the true values. I have not had any luck in alteryx so far. Thank you.

After extracting all the parts (0s along with its level 1), the next step would be to find the duplicates within level 0. Marked green in my data table.

5 REPLIES 5
nerces
8 - Asteroid

Could you please post a clearer explanation of what you would like? An example output with any relevant formulas you used to use would be beneficial.

jakaur32
8 - Asteroid
The expected outcome in step one is highlighted in yellow.
nerces
8 - Asteroid

Sorry, I still don't understand your problem. Maybe someone else can chime in with a different POV.

ThizViz
11 - Bolide

I don't fully understand either, but the Alteryx equivalent for your Excel formula is to use the Multi-Row formula tool.

Excel works with row numbers, whereas the Multi-Row formula works with current row and current row plus or minus a specified number of rows.

In your example, row 3 is the current row so row 2 would be Row-1

Set it to create a new field and reword your formula this way [I'm assuming Column A is "level":

if [Row-1:level]>[level] then "True" else "False" endif

@thizviz aka cbridges, Bolide
http://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2328
jakaur32
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much, that worked out great

Labels