Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Detail with Summary and calculation based on Summary.

Joseph_Mediant
7 - Meteor

I have a conundrum and I've tried searching in the community for a solution and I cannot find the answer I'm looking for.  Basically what I have is a list of jobs that have CUSIP totals under each job in a CSV file.  I need for Alteryx to generate a report that will show the cusip level detail and totals for each CUSIP in a job and show a summarized total of each job with a calculation preformed on the summary total.  

So far, this is what I have.

Joseph_Mediant_0-1658781289086.png

The top line at the split showing the CUSIP level detail and the bottom of the split showing the summary and calculation.  I need to know how to marry the two and condense it into a report.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Best,

Joseph Simonowich

Mediant Communications, Inc.

20 REPLIES 20
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @Joseph_Mediant 

In the attached workflow, file is not available cause it is not package file. Could you please provide the input dataset so that I can look into it and help you in generating the reports.

Regards,

Amol Telore 

Joseph_Mediant
7 - Meteor

Sorry about that.  Please see attached.

Joseph_Mediant
7 - Meteor

@Amol_Telore - I have attached what you were unable to expand.  Basically we want it to look as close to this as possible and just add a calculation to the Total Counts line for each grouping.  Make sense?

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey Joseph,

Please find attached workflow for your reference. 

In the attached workflow, there is one formula tool where you will need to put your calculations for EST and ACT counts. At present, I have put 0 to generate the report structure, As requested.

Amol_Telore_1-1659587664472.png

Report Output :-

Amol_Telore_0-1659587600560.png

Let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,

Amol Telore

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @Joseph_Mediant 

I have done few changes in the workflow. PFA for reference. 

To add calculation in summary part, I have added one formula tool. You can add your calculations as per your need. Formula tool is highlighted in red bracket in below image for your reference.

Amol_Telore_0-1660123045453.png

Joseph_Mediant
7 - Meteor

Thanks so much!  I will give this a look over and let you know but I think this may work!

Joseph_Mediant
7 - Meteor

Perfection!  I am presenting this to the team.  I may have a few follow up things to come back with.  Thank you SOOOOOO much for your help on this!😊

Joseph_Mediant
7 - Meteor

@Amol_Telore - So I have two more questions.  I have added two calculations to the end of the report.  They both work but the last calculation "Due Date" shows up in a merged cell instead of it's own cell.  Is there any way to fix this?  I've tried and I can't figure it out for the life of me.  

Also, I have tried making the report sort first by "Requestor" and it doesn't do it.  It should be as follows, all ascending:  Requestor, Reference #, Event ID, Job ID.

Labels