Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Cutoff

MOlinski
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am running into an issue where I am trying to export the data into multiple tabs in the same excel workbook. I see the lines of data are there going into the export file, but it eventually gets cutoff while transferring to excel.

For example, please see below for the line of data that is present going into the export tool. The highlighted line is not being transferred to excel. I couldn't find anything on this issue, was curious to know if it something with my export settings.

MOlinski_0-1659544954137.png

1 REPLY 1
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

You mentioned "the highlighted line is not being transferred to excel"

could it be possible that the line is being written to Excel, then the same Sheet name is being overwritten later?

Suggestion for testing: put many of your Output tools inside a Container and disable the Container, then run the workflow with just a few enabled Output tools and review the output for completeness.  Continue to re-enable some of your output tools (move them out of the disabled container), and continue testing slowly.

When I see tools configured like that, I think you should really look into batch macros.

Also... I have lots of experience attempting to write to different Sheets in the same Excel file.  Sometimes your workflow may work OK when your output files are on a local drive, then you may run in to write contention issues when writing output files to a slower network folder.

Please consider adding a Like to this idea:

Enhance options for Excel output 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Enhance-options-for-Excel-output/idi-p/84326...

The ONLY way I've been able to consistently write to different Sheets in one Excel file, without any write contention issues is:

Use Parallel Block Until Done AND use a macro to write to Excel
macro found here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Unable-to-Create-Backup-Block-Until-Do...

original macro from: patrick_digan, orignal macro name: Excel Output ordering.yxmc

Example:

ChrisTX_0-1659545873312.png

Chris

Labels