Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Combination -

ll98
9 - Comet

I have a workflow where I want to combine two Trial balances and group them by GL account and Account Type.  There are a number of TB in the data output -- but I want to group them as follow :

Fund 28 and 29

Fund 30 and 31

Fund 32 and 33

I'm able to consolidate only the top one -- but having issues with the other grouping ..  Also , if possible can I create for each combination 3 tabs -- Consolidated TB /  Fund X / Fund Y.   for each of the fund group 

ll98_0-1615173855725.png

8 REPLIES 8
mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @ll98 ,

Please see the attached workflow for your first issue. I hope this helps.

Also, could you explain the 3 tab issue more, maybe with an example? Best.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ll98 
This should be a simple fix.

In the filter, it should be "or" not "and"

Capture1C.PNG

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @ll98 ,

For the second question, does this workflow resolve your issue? Best.

ll98
9 - Comet

See attached file sample  --- 

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @ll98 ,

See attached workflow.

mot_0-1615209390874.png

I hope this helps. Best.

ll98
9 - Comet

@mot  I'll accept this as a solution but what about if I have more than two Asset Types -- If I have Expenses, Capital, Revenues.  Do I need to keep creating filters.... Is there a way to dynamically capture all that -- Also -- I just not need to only show the cumulative TB Tab -- I need to show the other TB Tab in the same file.  DId you see my attachment ... 

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @ll98 ,

This might be one way to do it. Check the second one. Best.

ll98
9 - Comet

Thanks @mot 

Labels