Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Cleansing

JMLAGIER
5 - Atom

Hi all, I have an issue with the data cleansing tool which delete all the data of the input and thus I have no more data in th output. Do you know what can it be? thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JMLAGIER 

Can you share a screenshot for us to better understand the issue? 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

See what you have checked under "remove unwanted characters" in the Data Cleansing tool...

You may have "numbers" and "letters" checked so you would be removing those from your data...

JMLAGIER
5 - Atom

JMLAGIER_0-1618468203435.png

Above is what I selected in the tool.

Below is the input data

JMLAGIER_1-1618468308523.png

the purpose of the cleansing is to have a zero instead of [Null]

and below is the output - no data

JMLAGIER_2-1618468395515.png

thank you

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JMLAGIER 
It is strange, I can not replicate on my side.

Qiu_0-1618470549681.png

JMLAGIER
5 - Atom

I know it is really strange and I can not see from where the problem come from!!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JMLAGIER 

Do you have any other tool used in between Input and cleaning?

JMLAGIER
5 - Atom

no I do not have

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @JMLAGIER 

The Cleansing Tool doesn't delete rows or columns, unless you have Remove null rows or Remove null columns checked, which you don't according to your screen shots

danilang_0-1618488734891.png

The only other possible scenario where you can have data in the input and not in the output is the very specific case where you've just dropped a tool on the canvas and configured it but haven't run the workflow yet.

If this persists after a restart of Alteryx, I'd open a case at https://community.alteryx.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/@support 

Dan

Labels