Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Cleansing & Transformation

Alexis_Rock
5 - Atom

Hi everyone! 

Any ideas/ suggestions as to how I can start this project? 

I am trying to use Alteryx to clean up this data and see if there is any meaningful information that can be pulled from it. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Alexis,

It looks like you have just provided the workflow and not the file itself. Would you mind sharing the data set and a bit of context for what you are looking to pull from the data? "See if there is any meaningful information" is fairly open ended. Is there a specific ask for what you need to do with it?

Alexis_Rock
5 - Atom

Hi again! 

So I am trying to create a workflow in Alteryx that will combine the two sheets of data I have in an excel workbook. Then I want to transform the data. 

Questions: 

1. Is there a way to create a table in Alteryx that will compare the information in sheet one with sheet two based on the company names? 

I want to see the change in the number of shares bought between the first and second sheet

2. Is there a way to show if one company name appears on sheet one but not sheet two (or vice versa)?

3. Is there any Alteryx tools that can help me see if there is any patterns in my data? 

Thank you!

Alexis_Rock
5 - Atom

Hi Brandon, 

I just added a file and a bit more info. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Labels