Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Cleansing Tool not adding the latest Month dynamically

rahulshetty925
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have a cross tab report report for months (Month name as column headers) .After the cross tab tool I had used Data cleansing tool for the respective months to replace Null with Zero.

But with the addition of a new month, the data cleansing tool doesn't add the new month dynamically.I tried using a select before the data cleansing tool, it didn't work.

I came across this link https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Adding-Unknown-Field-Checkbox-to-Data-Cleans... on Community, this is listed as an idea.

Let me know if there is any workaround for this.Thank You.

Regards,

Rahul

5 REPLIES 5
KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

The Data Cleanse tool is a macro. One option would be to open it, save your own copy and edit or build your own version to always includes all fields. Right-click on the Data Cleanse in the toolbar to open the macro. It might be as simple at removing the List Box from the interface.

Data Cleansing Tool 2018-10-03.png

rahulshetty925
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KOBoyle,

I tried creating a new macro from Data Cleansing and cleaning up but was not successful in applying the changes dynamically to the new month data that comes in.

Have you tried this before, removing the interface list box didn't help.Thanks.

Regards,

Rahul.

ivoller
12 - Quasar

see attached. I modified the Cleanse macro to remove the Select fields options and modified the formulae the checked whether or not to apply the cleansing action (see formula actions). This should work for new columns assuming there is data in at least 1 row.

2018-10-05_15-47-58.png

rahulshetty925
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ivoller,

That worked.Thanks a lot.Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Rahul

rahulshetty925
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

The technique of creating a new Macro for data cleansing works from my machine.

But as soon as it is run from the virtual machine via a scheduler, it fails to recognize the Macro and fails.

Do we have any alternative technique here.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rahul

Labels