Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Cleaning

senem127
5 - Atom

How can I separate the data I combined in data cleaning(all whitespace) again? in Alterx.

For example coldroom --> cold room

3 REPLIES 3
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @senem127 unless your data is all in titlecase, you probably can't implement logic after the data cleansing tool, as there's no way of knowing where the space in coldroom should go. But presumably you can just remove the data cleansing tool, or untick 'all whitespace' and use the upstream data?

Stephen_Luong
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @senem127 , I agree with @OllieClarke ! 

It would be very difficult to parse the entire column of data back into separate words (cold room) because all your text would not follow a similar format (i.e.. split the word into 2 words where the first word is character 1-5 and the second word is character 6 so on). The easiest way for you is to remove the data cleansing tool altogether or uncheck the "all whitespace" within the configuration window.  

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@senem127 , in case you need the values without whitespace for other parts of your workflow, you can get them back by simply saving them and moving them back in the end. See attached.

Labels