Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dark Sky API

Sam_Lempriere
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I'm trying to download data from Dark Sky but not having any luck. Has anyone got this to work? Do you need anything in the header?

I'm using my developer API key (which I know works) but receive this error:

Error.JPG

I've tested the url in my browser and it successfully retrieves data but not in Alteryx. Any ideas?

config.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sam_Lempriere, can you provide the URL you are using (with API key removed)?

Sam_Lempriere
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @JoBen,

Thanks for your help. URL is:

https://api.darksky.net/forecast/[APIKEYREMOVED]/49.13308,2.08060

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Hey @Sam_Lempriere, you might want to double check your API key. Using the same URL, but with my API key, I plugged the URL field into the download data tool and received this response back when I ran the workflow.

Help1.PNG

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Also, if you check your API key, and it is correct, then I would imagine that your firewall is blocking non-browser connections. 

Sam_Lempriere
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @JoBen,

Thanks very much for checking. That's odd as it works in my browser. I'll try another key.

By the way, how do I properly tag people in my reply?

S.

Sam_Lempriere
6 - Meteoroid

@JoBen wrote:

I would imagine that your firewall is blocking non-browser connections. 

That is actually quite likely, thanks.

Labels