Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Daily report count file to cumulative monthly average

Saga
5 - Atom

I receive this format file every working day. It has multiple rows and columns. I want to calculate monthly average of num created, num actioned, percentage completed, overdue < 5 days, overdue => 5 days, of each of the sub component loans, deposits, auth overdrafts, unauth overdrafts, cash etc. for each market and platform. I want the average every month. Struggling with 30 sheets now. Please help me!!

5 REPLIES 5
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Saga 

Is the uploaded file input or output?

We need more information to advice to you.

Saga
5 - Atom

loaded file is an input, it is an excel file

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Saga 

Do you mean that there are many files and want to average the each columns by the month?

How to do it is the below.

First of all, you have to read one file to easy to use data because the uploaded file is complex.
After that, you have to change the workflow of first step to the batch macro to read all files.
And then, you have to make the workflow of calculating the average of each columns by the month.

This is complex so I recommend that you take one step at a time and make it a workflow.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Saga
5 - Atom

I surely need help and support to achieve this solution

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Saga 

I made a simple workflow to read data from one file.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1617424065686.png

After that, I added the Control Parameter tool and changed the Macro Output from Browse tool and then I saved the workflow as batch macro(yxmc file).

AkimasaKajitani_1-1617424761433.png

After that, I made a simple workflow to use that macro.

AkimasaKajitani_2-1617425630961.png

This is final result.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1617426052715.png

Due to the long process, I omit the detailed explanation.

I attached the sample workflow. Please check them.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me.

Labels