Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DYNAMICALLY REPLACING VALUES

nick22
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a data set that looks like this

acct#.        Platform Priority      Item description        $$$

1                    1                                  TK-H                  0.00

1                    1                                  ANA

1                    2                                  TK                      100.00

1                    3                                  Tele                    100.00 

In some cases I have clients that are merging from old products to new products, because the old product contract is still active the dollars haven't moved over yet.Is there a way in the formula tool to say;

If the Highest Priority platform (HPP1) $$$ = 0.00 and Lower Platform Product (LPP2)  $$$ > 0  for comparable products ( TK-H = TK) then set $$$ for HPP1 TK-H = LPP2 TK $$$ 

Thank you,

Nick

1 REPLY 1
rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @nick22,

This is not a complete solution, but hopefully will get you half way there...

This is certainly beyond a single Formula tool and requires a few elements to it:

1) identify comparable products (i use Fuzzy Match for this)

img1.JPG

2) assemble matched products back to the original data and calculate the condition you've specified (this is still missing validation across priorities - i guess for this you need to decide things like how many priorities there are, how many comparable products there are etc.). Also your example shows only 1 account - this solution will require later adoption for when you open the data to full data-set and address all the characteristics one by one through step by step validation, but i hope this still presents some ideas for what direction you may consider.

img2.JPG

Thanks,

Rafal

#Excuse me, do you speak Alteryx?

Labels