Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DSN Architecture Mismatch

hursic
7 - Meteor

I've created a workflow locally, then attempted to promote it to the gallery and got the following error:

Oops!
The job CreateJobWF did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors: • Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application (Tool Id: 6)

Is it really that I have on my desktop a SQL Server ODBC driver version 6.01.7601.17514 and the Gallery has version 6.03.9600.17415 ?

I'll try to find the specific version for install, but would like to check that this is the issue.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

are they also both x64 versions (one isn't 32-bit)?

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
hursic
7 - Meteor

Both 64 bit, both AMD chips

Both now have "ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server Version 2014.120.4219.00

Still gives the error:

This is on the desktop when publishing:

Alteryx.jpg

This is on the server if I don't validate when publishing:

Oops!

The job CreateJobWF did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors:
  • Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application (Tool Id: 6)
hursic
7 - Meteor

bump - any ideas ?

LindaT
Alteryx
Alteryx

You need to check the bitness of the actual SQL ODBC Driver on the Server, not the bitness of the computers.  I am not sure if you are using and USER or SYSTEM DSN but you could check also to see if that DSN name is showing up on the 64 bit ODBC DataSource Administrator or your 32 bit one.  To check the 32 bit one, make sure you don't already have the ODBC Data Source Administrator running in 64 bit, your default, because it will still be showing the 64 bit DSNs.

hursic
7 - Meteor

thank you so much, worked a treat.

Labels