community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

DROP BOX to ALTERYX

Highlighted
Asteroid

HI Everyone,

I am here with a question and looking for the solution.

There are 300 files in a 300 zipped file folders on DropBox,*/(Data file is in a zipped folder and that zipped folder is in on Drop  box)*/  where i am looking to connect ALTERYX and do some workflow out of it publishing it on Tableau server or Red shift.
Error.PNGZIP folders on drop boxError.PNGEach zip folder consist of 4 files where i need only one file.I have conned to BOX folder  happily but not Dropbox----------------Error.PNGBox folder is working perfer as my expectations but not dropbox. May be because of zip files..

I need your help. 

This is not working in my case.(link below)
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Connecting-to-Dropbox-and-Box-com-on-your-de...

Regards,
Hareesh

Hello @Hareesh,

Would you be able to provide more information on the behavior you're encountering within Alteryx when you try to load these files? Are you loading them from a local location that's synced with Dropbox? Are you seeing an error within Designer, or can you provide us with more information on what's different between Box and Dropbox?

Have you also seen our help article on opening files within zip files? There are some limitations to this particular operation depending on how the files were created.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/index.htm#DataSources/ZipFiles.htm?Highlight=zip

Hopefully this at least gives you a place to start, but please feel free to provide more information and we should hopefully be able to help further!

Thanks,

Mike Spoula
Solutions Architect - Services
Alteryx
Asteroid

Hi
Mike

These are all dbf files with the size 1gb each. we have more than 800 files(800 GB worth files). If they were 30 or 90 GB or  i would have managed by syncing on to local machine.

Planning to dump all the information on Redshift, but i have some enterprise limitation, if my organisation accepts to move and maintain all the data on redshift with help of alteryx then this issue will solve.

Regards,
Hareesh

Labels