Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DRAG & DROP FILES

Inactive User
Not applicable

I cannot drag and drop files into Designer, I have done everything I can regarding "Running as an Administrator", however Designer is still "Running Elevated"...

clipboard_image_0.png clipboard_image_1.png

Even if I right click and "Run as Administrator", Designer always runs in Elevated mode...

clipboard_image_3.png

I have been given local admin rights as a user (by my IT dept).

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3
Inactive User
Not applicable

I think I have managed to answer my own question, and as such I have realised that I misunderstood someone else's post.

To be able to drag & drop:

DO NOT 'Run as Administrator'

And in Alteryx\Help\About should state "Running Non-Elevated"

You should now be able to drag and drop files straight into the Alteryx palette 🙂

Hope this may help someone else in the future.

Regards,

Kevin

iamdata
8 - Asteroid

I have the same problem, using Alteryx Designer admin, i cant drag and drop anything.   My help and about shows me as "running elevated"  but i didnt opt for forcing compatibility mode to have admin.

Sebastian_R
5 - Atom

Same issue here, I have a non-Admin version of Alteryx installed and the Alteryx shortcut is set to NOT run as Administrator. Yet my ALteryx is still showing as running Elevated.

Really frustrating that there is no option to force the Non-Elevated mode!

Labels