Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

DMA Filter using drop down

Bearcatrunner
5 - Atom

Very new to Alteryx.  Not even sure this is possible but I've been impressed with Alteryx so far so my guess is that it is.  

Step 1:

So I would like to create a workflow that asks my users to choose a DMA ([NAME]) from a dropdown box. 

Step 2:

Then using that DMA ([Name]) field I would like for it get the HH count for that DMA ([HHDCY])

Step 3:

Using that count I would then like it to filter out all records in a sites table where the sites DMA HH's are + or - 10% of it's value. 

Example:

User selects DMA "Albany, GA" where the HH count = 153734

I would like to find all records in the sites table where the HH count was between 138,360 and 169,107.

Bonus points: Would be to have the form with the drop down also have a place to put in a percentage value that has a default value of 10%

I attached a workflow that I am kind of embarrassed to even include for fear of how far astray I really am but maybe it will help you understand what I am trying to do

MyDMAWorkflow.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Adarsh_R3
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Bearcatrunner  could you please share the sample data you have used for this.. and if possible the workflow also. Don't worry about how it looks as we all start from somewhere 

Bearcatrunner
5 - Atom

Added and thanks for taking a quick look at it.  I simplified it with the important fields.

Labels