Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DATETIMEADD function returning the same value for all epoch inputs

shivraj_r
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone! New to alteryx, running my first set of workflows. I'm trying to input a set of epoch values to convert to a regular timestamp but the results are the same regardless of the input? Attaching screen grabsworkflow for  datetimeaddworkflow for datetimeaddOutputOutput here

5 REPLIES 5
ivoller
12 - Quasar

Hi,

Does Time_Output have the correct data type (String Size 19)?

mborriero
11 - Bolide

@shivraj_r could you please take a screenshot of your full formula?

Are you using 'second' as third parameter of the datetimeadd function?

Are you sure you are using the correct field time in second/100 and not the old one?

I have tried it and it works for me.

See picture attached

shivraj_r
7 - Meteor

@mborriero - Attaching screen shot of my formula here - The interesting thing is that it works as as standalone offline solution (attached solution) but it doesn't work when I try to pull data from a database. And if you notice even the output from the function does not give me the correct response. formulaformulaworkflowworkflowofflineworkflow_sampleofflineworkflow_sample

mborriero
11 - Bolide

Could you please try to rename your last time_in_seconds with another name and use it in the DATETIMEADD formula?

It is just a test, it seems a strage case

shivraj_r
7 - Meteor

It was a strange error indeed! I just deleted the nodes and added them back with the variables!  Attaching screen grab - seems to work now!Capture 3.PNG

Labels