Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DATE TIME CONVERSION

Ballama6
6 - Meteoroid

Hello All,

I'm having a difficult time converting the timestamp below to the Alteryx date time format. 

"Thu Feb 28 13:33:46 UTC 2019" 

I tried using "dy month dd hh:mm:ss Z yyyy" in the Incoming String field of the DateTime tool, but it only produces nulls. The Example Output field shows the correct format though -  2019-02-28 13:33:46, so I'm not sure why it only produces nulls. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Mark B. 

5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ballama6 I mocked up a workflow let me know what you think?

Dates_141119.PNG

CJBioS
5 - Atom
I'm bringing in a date field from Excel, in the "07/19/2018" format, and it's a Vstring. I've tried using the DateTime tool, but it says it can't convert "11/01/2019" because the month is not within range 1-12. I used the function DateTimeFormat([Date],"%m/%d/%Y"), and it creates a Vstring date, but even using the ToDate function I can't convert it to a date.

I'd like to pull the month out.
I also want to get the week number.
And get the number of days between my dates and today's date.

I've tried using the Select Tool to convert to a date but it still gives me a can not convert error.
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

See attached for an example. I used the datetime tool to convert the string to a date format. Then I used the formula tool to derive the month, week, and difference values. Let me know if that works! 

CJBioS
5 - Atom

The datasets I am blending have different date formats- one is MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss and the second is yyyy-MM-dd. I've had to use the Select tool to format them as String then use the Date tool to format them as dates in their respective format.  Then I used the Date tool to convert them back in to String with the same yyyy-MM-dd format for blending.

But my formulas to pull the Month, Week number, and difference in days I built individual for each data set. I couldn't get the formulas to work on the blended date field.

rrikkala
5 - Atom

@JosephSerpis Or Anyone here , 

can you guys help me converting '2021-11-24T13:55:50.930-0800' this to date and time format.

Labels