Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DATA TRANSFORMATION

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is keeping safe, i need help with transforming this dataset attached. Ideally i would want my coulmns to look like what i attached as " actual" in the sense that i want to make a the following transformation in the column field labelled name to be

"ID", "recorded_time" , "value" , "time"

For every ID that has unique values to all these fields in the data set these value are reported as the in the sheet "actual".

Please ignore the 400 values generated in the ID field the ID is the same in the data set for every unique entry.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
razzy
8 - Asteroid

Please 

CKP
10 - Fireball

Hi @razzy 

I believe this workflow produces the result you're looking for.

DATA TRANSFORMATION Discussion.jpg

I hope this helps

Let me know if you have any questions.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @razzy 

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Happy Alteryx-ing!

Labels