Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

DATA SCIENCE TASK AND USECASES IN ALTERYX

Karthik_7694
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team,

I came to know about the new module which is available in the latest version of alteryx which is Artificial Intelligence Suite. Under Artificial Intelligence Suite there are two new sub modules which are available namely Machine Learning and Text Mining.

In the previous version of alteryx it had a module called predictive which was available. So can any one tell me what is the difference between Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling in Alteryx. 

I also need to know the use cases which are available for asset modelling and supply chain managment and how to solve those using alteryx.

It will be of great help if some one guide me.

Thanks,

Karthik.

1 REPLY 1
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Karthik_7694 ,

the biggest difference between the Machine Learning tools and the predictive modelling for me is the underlying lenguage.

While the predictive tools are all written within the R tool, the machine learning models are all based on python. Also the ML models are assited in compairson to the predictive tools.

https://help.alteryx.com/es-419/current/designer/assisted-modeling

As far as use cases, you could say they can go as far as your imagination. There are optimization models, or market basket analysis for example.

Within Help-> Sample Workflows -> Predictive tool samples -> Predictive analytics -> 19_Market_Basket_Analysis shows you an example of a use case.

Hope that helps

Regards

Labels