Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Customize Events Error Message

maryyan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about how to customize Events for after run with errors:

For example under Module which is the directory of file name, I just want to show file name:

D:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\1640_0daf990603f84075b12545fa7164f612\XXXX.yxmd

how to show XXXX.yxmd only?

Also in the Outputlog, how to show where the Error happens only? Or at least highlight the word error?

Thank you!

error.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
brucks
7 - Meteor

And any help on the available parameters that can be included and what information they contain would be helpful as well so we can either eliminate unnecessary information and/or add additional information from the list of available parameters would be welcomed.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @maryyan 

I'm not so sure if the Events Tab accepts document constants.

But you could try %Engine.WorkflowFileName% to assign the file name if you want.

About the log, I'm not so sure if you can reference only the error.

Cheers,

maryyan
6 - Meteoroid

@Thableaus 

Thank you very much for your kind reply!! I will try your solution. For the log, I also need a solution because the full log is too long sometimes missing the point of where the error occur. 

maryyan
6 - Meteoroid

@Thableaus 

How about make the word error bold and with color of red? Any idea in XML maybe?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@maryyan 

This "Send Email" Event is something designed to be really straight forward and simple.

So I can imagine that there's no formatting associated.

If you want something more sophisticated, you'd need to use the E-mail Tool from the Reporting Tab. But I guess it wouldn't be useful in an error situation.

Cheers,

maryyan
6 - Meteoroid

Haha. I try to make a TURNKEY into a TroubleMaker. 

Thank you ALL THE SAME!!!

Labels