Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Customize Events Error Message

maryyan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about how to customize Events for after run with errors:

For example under Module which is the directory of file name, I just want to show file name:

D:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\1640_0daf990603f84075b12545fa7164f612\XXXX.yxmd

how to show XXXX.yxmd only?

Also in the Outputlog, how to show where the Error happens only? Or at least highlight the word error?

Thank you!

error.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
brucks
7 - Meteor

And any help on the available parameters that can be included and what information they contain would be helpful as well so we can either eliminate unnecessary information and/or add additional information from the list of available parameters would be welcomed.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @maryyan 

I'm not so sure if the Events Tab accepts document constants.

But you could try %Engine.WorkflowFileName% to assign the file name if you want.

About the log, I'm not so sure if you can reference only the error.

Cheers,

maryyan
6 - Meteoroid

@Thableaus 

Thank you very much for your kind reply!! I will try your solution. For the log, I also need a solution because the full log is too long sometimes missing the point of where the error occur. 

maryyan
6 - Meteoroid

@Thableaus 

How about make the word error bold and with color of red? Any idea in XML maybe?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@maryyan 

This "Send Email" Event is something designed to be really straight forward and simple.

So I can imagine that there's no formatting associated.

If you want something more sophisticated, you'd need to use the E-mail Tool from the Reporting Tab. But I guess it wouldn't be useful in an error situation.

Cheers,

maryyan
6 - Meteoroid

Haha. I try to make a TURNKEY into a TroubleMaker. 

Thank you ALL THE SAME!!!

Labels