Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Customising interface designer tools within a batch macro

davidnolan
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a batch macro that runs steps on multiple files in a folder separately - i.e. it will run the steps on file 1 and save the output, then when file 1 is complete it will run the steps on file 2 and save that separately, and go on like this until the steps have been ran on each file in the folder. 

My issue is that I would like to use interface tools that allow me to edit some of the tools within the batch macro before running. For example, I have a file browse tool linked to the input in the macro and also a text box tool linked to the Start Data Import Option of the input file (Fig.1). In my workflow where the batch macro is inserted I then see the options from the interface tools (Fig. 2).

I would like to be able to edit the options in Fig.2 to allow for a slightly customised run of the workflow. As an example I would like to select a file for the input in Folder A and a header row of 5 and run the workflow so it runs the steps on all files in Folder A with a data import option set to 8. After that is completed I would like to run it again but choosing a separate file for input from Folder B and maybe a header row of 3.

When I select a file and put in a new header row number in Fig. 2 and click run, these options seem to have no effect on the outcome. Can someone please assist? It would be massively appreciated. If the workflow is required let me know and I can upload it

Thank you very much!

Fig.1 

davidnolan_0-1673871875932.png

Fig.2

davidnolan_1-1673871944134.png

0 REPLIES 0
Labels