Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Customise colour in Pie chart

VirendraBarbate
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

Is there any way to customise the colour in pie chart? We are reporting some data with the RAG status in the table with the respective %value. we are expecting the same colours in the pie chart with the respective % value, however colours in the data table and the pie chart not in sync.

Example image is as below.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

VirendraPie.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @VirendraBarbate 

There is a way to do this, but it's not pretty or dynamic

First look at the available colour palettes and pick one that matches your categories.  Then make sure the order of your Pie segments is unsorted

c.png 

In your workflow make sure that your data is sorted according to the palette order.  I used a SortOrder column in my sample to accomplish this

The results look like this

r.png

If none of the available palettes fit your need, check out the method given by @StephenR in this post to add new custom palettes in the chart tool.  I haven't tried the technique myself and there were reported issues, but you could give it a go.

Dan

VirendraBarbate
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @danilang for the update. This is what I am expecting.

Regards

Virendra

Labels