Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Customers' Segmentation

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have a cleaned and organized file, which has the information of the donors for the charity organization. The data which I have is that:

1- Donor phone number.

2- Number of donations of each donor.

3- Total amount of donations of each donor.

4- The last time a donation was made (in days and date).

I'm looking for to have the best way to segments the customers for marketing campaign purposes. 

I have attached a sample file data but without customer phone numbers due to privacy. 

Thanks in advance for your kind support and help.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Feras95p Can you provide some expected results?

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Feras95p 

In exploring the sample data, you provided I think you would want to segment your data based on 2 factors:

1) donation thresholds

2) last donation amount

For example, you could segment your data into 4 donation amount categories any tailor your message based on the amount of money donated:

0-50 

50-100

100-150

150+

From there you could also do an overlay of last time a donation was made to assess whether you would want to reach out again or not.

It would be interesting to also see if certain donors make donations on a recurring basis (i.e give $10 every month) as this is probably a segment of the population you would want to target differently.

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @gautiergodard ,

Thanks for your reply! 

You’re right, I should take into account the donors who used to donate each certain of period. 

I was looking like to group the donors, who are active

about to sleep

sleep

lost

I’m not sure yet what is the best segments and how many groups should I divided the donors before starting the marketing campaign.

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs ,

Thanks for replying to my post and trying to help!

Actually I’m not looking for a specific output or exact solution, I explained my case and I attached the sample data and I’m opened for any kind of suggestions or solutions that can help me to segments or group the customers based on the data which I have before starting the marketing campaign to communicate with each groups or segments separately.

Labels