Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Customer by cohorts

ValentinaZ
5 - Atom

Hello! I am new to Alteryx and have a newbie. I am trying to do customer base calculation by cohort. M0 - customers who have just joined. M1 - customers who are 1 month old. M2 - 2 months old. Incoming number of customers is available for January. I need to populate yellow cells in Alteryx - number of customers in the coming month of February and March with a shift, i.e. customers who were M0 in January should become M1 in February and so on.

Please help me to figure out what tools to use. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I'd convert the Month cell into a date cell, but you would need to have the information about the year for this to work properly. You could than use a formula tool and "DateTimeDiff([original_date], DateTimeNow() , "months") to calculate the difference in months.

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @ValentinaZ ,

you can solve this using the Multi-Row Formula tool - you can address previous (or subsequent) cells. Group by option to move cells only within a country. To add a bit flexibility  regarding order of rows, you can convert month names to month numbers and sort. I've attached a sample workflow. Hope this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

ValentinaZ
5 - Atom

It worked! Thank you very much!

Is there a way to refer to month name somehow instead of specifying how many lines above formula should look?

Labels