Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Customer Status - Calculate Churn and Return

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have a very basic question, that I'm having problem to calculate the churn and returned customers.

I've seen a lot of churn prediction, but nothing about churn calculating.

I've attached the example sheet.

I want to truncate the customer status by month, and the Customer 1 is "new" in Jully, "current" in august, "churn" on September, and "returned" on October, and again "current" on november and december.

I'm having problems to find the churn and returned values. Because as he has no value on september, i can't allocate him. And after that, how to use the "returned"?

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@Tanai_Goncalves The trick here is to generate a template that contains every month for every customer. That's done using a generate rows tool. From that you can use a multi row formula tool to establish the churn status of each customer by month.

customer churn.PNG

The attached workflow should give you a good start. It's probably not complete, but you'll hopefully get the idea.

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Thank you   @neilgallen

That worked very well!

As the real sheet it's a little bit more complex, your workflow it's a very good way to go with!

Best Regards,

Tanai

Labels