Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Customer Status - Calculate Churn and Return

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have a very basic question, that I'm having problem to calculate the churn and returned customers.

I've seen a lot of churn prediction, but nothing about churn calculating.

I've attached the example sheet.

I want to truncate the customer status by month, and the Customer 1 is "new" in Jully, "current" in august, "churn" on September, and "returned" on October, and again "current" on november and december.

I'm having problems to find the churn and returned values. Because as he has no value on september, i can't allocate him. And after that, how to use the "returned"?

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@Tanai_Goncalves The trick here is to generate a template that contains every month for every customer. That's done using a generate rows tool. From that you can use a multi row formula tool to establish the churn status of each customer by month.

customer churn.PNG

The attached workflow should give you a good start. It's probably not complete, but you'll hopefully get the idea.

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Thank you   @neilgallen

That worked very well!

As the real sheet it's a little bit more complex, your workflow it's a very good way to go with!

Best Regards,

Tanai

Labels