Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Custom tool installation

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I tried to install custom tools under connector tool category in alteryx designer. The tool was installed successfully but below error has occurred while drag and drop the Emotion Detector installed tool into canvas. Attached the below .YXI file for your reference.

Sukumar_0-1658207141294.png

11 REPLIES 11
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Sukumar,

Really nice tool, I changed the file structure to the one I use for Macro based tools and the .yxi worked fine:

IraWatt_0-1658225329810.png

Sorry I cant be more exact into want exactly the issues was. It looked like you had a folder structure designed for the SDK.

New Structure:

Animation3.gif

If you want to check out the structure more I would unzip it and have a look 😄.

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

Thanks @IraWatt. Now working fine.

Also need a help how to create a SDK file and how to configure Help page for emotion detector tool redirect the URL.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Sukumar a simple way of adding a URL is just using the Interface Designer. No SDK required like this:

Animation4.gif

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

@IraWatt Its working fine. If I want to add below path, local files are working fine but URL was not working. Kindly assist on this.

Sukumar_0-1658233885768.png

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

@IraWatt, Am trying multiple tools in single .yxi file but i don't know how to build the config.xml and Combined icons for both tools. Kindly assist on this also. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Sukumar,

For your first question I'm not sure so I have started a thread here: How to add Help Button Link to Macro? - Alteryx Community. I'll let you know if I get any information. 

For your second question all you need to do is put them in separate folders like this:

Animation6.gif

(I have attached an Example yxi for you to look at) 

IraWatt_0-1658246623086.png

^I had two files so I got two tools

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

Thanks @IraWatt, It's working fine now. Am installing two macro's in a single YXI file Emotion Detector and Toxicity Detector. In config file added two macro tools details and icons. I converted YXI file name as SentimentAnalysis While installing Emotion Detector tool is showing but both tools are installed successfully under connectors tool category. Kindly assist this is correct or not.

Sukumar_0-1658298423016.png

Sukumar_1-1658298482280.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Sukumar I am confused what the issue is here? Both tools have been set to go to the Connectors Tool Group:

IraWatt_0-1658304431413.png

IraWatt_1-1658304452000.png

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

Thanks @IraWatt, Its working fine. 

Labels