Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Custom Date Change - changing Month into "minutes"

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I have a import file and the transaction are coming in YYYY/MM 2020/01, 2020/02 etc.

I need to pull the last 12 months for current month my WF so I doing a date/ time change to split out my date to get 

01-Jan-2020, 01-Feb-2020 etc so I can say pull any transaction in  the last 12 months, I need it to be dynamic. 

But as you can see in the custom split it's putting the "split" Month 01 = Jan in as 01 Minutes. 

Could  anyone advise what I'm doing wrong here.  Adding a sample of the excel imput data we get. 

TIA 

Karl.

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

You need to change your formula to:

yyyy / MM

I have used your month column in order to make it work

Emil_Kos_0-1614363932462.png

Output:

Emil_Kos_1-1614363939097.png

When you write mm it thinks you are referring to minutes not months. MM is the correct format.

There is a great source of information about how to parse date-time using Alteryx:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/datetime-functions

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Emil_Kos 

That worked. 
I will read that article 

Cheers,

Karl. 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

I don't suggest reading it but save it as a bookmark in your browser.

Next time when you will have any issue you can just refer to it. For example, I never remember those positions but if you will just spend a minute or two with this page you will definitely parse each of the dates without any problem: 

Emil_Kos_0-1614364831706.png

If you will have spare time you can also check this weekly challenge. You will have the possibility to parse a date using a different data set. Practice it and next time you will sort all your date problems in no time!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-21-Date-Reformatting/td-p/36750

Labels