Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Currency Conversion

Tessa_Gable
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone.

We are a US company and use exchange rates established by finance.  I was able to do this with relative ease, and have attached a simplified workflow for opportunity data.

Finance publishes the exchange rates as foreign currency to USD.  Management has requested this information be in EUR also.  With 50 currencies, they are ok with taking the USD amount and converting to EUR.  Example AUD->USD->EUR.  This is where I run into trouble figuring out the best way to accomplish this..  I have attached a copy of what I would expect to see highlighted yellow in Excel. 

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Tessa_Gable ,

you have to add the conversion rates for EUR to all records (join by date only) and calculate conversion to EUR. Calculation AUD->USD is executed by division, so USD->EUR has to be by multiplication. I've added the required steps and attached the workflow, hope this is helpful.

Best regards

Roland

Tessa_Gable
7 - Meteor

I was close but had an additional field in my join.  Thanks!

Labels