Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Crosstab Tool Display limit

Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Hello, 

I am trying to remodel my excel file with the 'crosstab' tool. When I use the tool, I get the output I want. What's new and strange to me is that out of the 65000 rows from the excel file only 300 are coming out as an output from the crosstab tool. 

Can anyone suggest a possible solution for this? I plan to use a yxdb file as an input rather than an excel file and give it a try. Would appreciate any suggestions on this. 

Thanks, 

Amar

2 REPLIES 2
Inactive User
Not applicable

To clarify - you have 65,000 rows in which you want all 65,000 rows to become column headings? If all 65,000 are not unique it will concatenate or take the first/last value (if string). That could be why you are not seeing 65,000 because they are not all unique values.

Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Thanks for looking into this.  

I was dealing with a JSON file imported into Excel. I wanted 42 columns to become headers with 65000 rows.

I think what was happening was the fields were being overwritten. I have grouped it into by using a RecordID tool and it seems to be solved now. 

Labels